“LIVE BRAVE” – September 22-23, 2016
In this session, we will be following the Rising Strong process. Our goal will be to rise from our falls, overcome our mistakes, and face hurt in a way that brings more wisdom and wholeheartedness to our lives. Rising Strong is the same process whether you’re navigating personal or professional struggles. Because, if we are brave enough, often enough…we will fall. This is the physics of vulnerability. Rising Strong is just that…RISING Strong and owning our journey’s story. Oftentimes, during times of struggle, we write a story in our mind of what we think is happening. When we begin to Rise Strong, we take a deeper look at these stories and begin to challenge ourselves to help identify what is truth, what is self-protection, and what needs to change if we truly want to live a wholehearted life.
“When we deny our stories, they define us; when we own our stories, we get to write the ending.”
-Dr. Brené Brown.
In the Rising Strong process, we will explore:
- The Reckoning: Walking Into Our Story – Recognize emotion, and get curious about our feelings and how they connect with the way we think and behave.
- The Rumble: Owning Our Story – Get honest about the stories we are making up about our struggle, then challenge these confabulations and assumptions to determine what is truth, what’s self-protection, and what needs to change if we want to lead more wholehearted lives.
- The Revolution: Process Becomes Practice – Write a new ending to our story based on the key learnings from our Rumble and use this new, braver story to change how we engage with the world and to ultimately transform the way we live, love, parent, and lead.
When we own our stories, we begin to LIVE BRAVE…we begin a practice of BRAVING:
- B – Boundaries: Purposefully using respectful boundaries
- R – Reliability: You do what you say you’ll do
- A – Accountability: You own your mistakes, apologize and make amends
- V – Vault: You don’t share information that is not yours to share
- I – Integrity: You choose courage over comfort
- N – Non-Judgment: You can talk about how you feel without judgment
- G – Generosity: You extend the most generous interpretation possible to the intentions, words, and actions of others
We hope you join us for two incredible days of Rising Strong, owning our stories, and re-writing our endings. Come share in this transformational journey with others who are doing the same.
Recommended reading prior to attending the session: Rising Strong: The Reckoning. The Rumble. The Revolution. by Dr. Brené Brown