“SHOW UP” – May 19-20, 2016
In this session, we will work extensively from the book The Gifts of Imperfection by Dr. Brené Brown. Prepare to get creative and discover how to take steps toward wholehearted living. Wholehearted people, as discovered by Dr. Brown’s research, tend to worry more about how they feel and less about what other people think. The Gifts of Imperfection provides a framework for participants to learn practices and begin to takes steps towards living, loving, parenting, and leading from a place of authenticity.
By “digging deep” we are able to cultivate practices that allow us to DIG – Get Deliberate in your thoughts and behaviors through prayer, meditation or simply seeing your intentions; Get Inspired to make new and different choices; and Get Going…take action.
We will be able to identify ways to DIG by utilizing the 10 Guideposts for Wholehearted Living:
- Cultivating Authenticity: Letting Go of What People Think
- Cultivating Self-Compassion: Letting Go of Perfectionism
- Cultivating a Resilient Spirit: Letting Go of Numbness & Fear of the Dark
- Cultivating Gratitude and Joy: Letting Go of Scarcity and Fear of the Dark
- Cultivating Intuition and Trusting Faith: Letting Go of the Need for Certainty
- Cultivating Creativity: Letting Go of Comparison
- Cultivating Play and Rest: Letting Go of Exhaustion as a Status Symbol and Productivity as Self-Worth
- Cultivating Calm and Stillness: Letting Go of Anxiety as a Lifestyle
- Cultivating Meaningful Work: Letting Go of Self-Doubt and “Supposed To”
- Cultivating Laughter, Song, and Dance: Letting Go of Being Cool and “Always In Control”
When we begin to utilize the 10 Guideposts for Wholehearted Living, we are able to call upon our ordinary courage and do great things together. Ordinary courage is about putting our vulnerability on the line and it has a ripple effect. As Dr. Brené Brown says, “every time we choose courage, we make everyone around us a little better and the world a little braver. And, our world could stand to be a little kinder and braver.” We will also work together to help identify who can support you when you step outside of your comfort zone, how you can extend compassion to others and to yourself on this journey, and how to hold space in your life for a little laughter, song and dance.
“A deep sense of love and belonging is an irreducible need of all women, men and children”
– Dr. Brené Brown
We hope you join us for a beautiful two days of collaborating, co-creating, DIG’ing deep, and learning strategies that carryover into your lives beyond our time together. If you’re looking for connecting with likeminded people who are striving to make changes in their lives, work, and world, come join us. We will embrace your imperfections.
Recommended reading prior to attending the session: The Gifts of Imperfection: Letting Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Dr. Brené Brown